About Me

My photo
Adelaide , South Australia, Australia
I am 49 and heading for 50. This is about me, the highs and lows and a lot of stuff re weight loss, so follow me and see wha I am up to !!

The wonderful people that follow and support me !

Friday, May 8, 2009

Update on the trials and tribulations of Martine

Hi everyone. I am really off the rails, not sticking to the WW program very well and accordingly am feeling down and depressed. But I went to WW on Wed night and gained 800grams, but saying that TOM is still to arrive and am feeling quite bloated. My gorgeous leader has come back after being away for a month and I must admit not staying for the meetings as I couldn't stand the relief leader. So, Doreen (the leader) and I had a big chat on Wednesday and I feel 200% better. For me, it is important to have a good relationship with my leader, now that she is back I like to be able to say to her at each meeting how much weight I have lost. I suppose on reflection my going off the rails has been becuase she is away. Saying that, there are other leaders that I like and could have gone to them. There is no one to blame but mysel. Doreen said that she finds alot of people perhaps lose their way but get back on track and get to goal. Although I have been a bad girl, funnily enough I never thought of quitting. I have made some good food choices and planned my eating and stayed for the meeting. Obviously, the meetings are a vital part of my success. Anyway, I am pleased to say that I am feeling a lot better. My sleeping has been at an all time low and it is hard sometimes to have energy for the day and be positive when all you are doing is craving food, a side affect of feeling so tired. But I am focused and want to have a good weight loss this week. I have just turned down a dinner invite for Sat night becuase I just want to concentrate on WW this week. I do enjoy the planning of meals etc and am hoping to experiement with food a bit more. Anyway, that is me at the present. As Doreen and I discussed my emotional issues are caused by lack of sleep and also my weight. So, feeling better about myself through weight loss is what I need to aim for.

2 comments:

Tina said...

Martine, I have having the same stuggles. I put on 700g last week but got back into it and lost exactly 700g this week so back to where I was 2 weeks ago.
The key is to never give up. And you haven't!!

I'm glad your leader is back. It's definitely a help when you have a leader you can bond with.

I'm really looking forward to catching up next Saturday.

Vic said...

Hi Martine,

You are so like me, my leader has been away for three weeks so I missed all the meetings as the other people as just well not right.

Good luck on re gluing your butt to the bike seat, I am right there with you!!