About Me

My photo
Adelaide , South Australia, Australia
I am 49 and heading for 50. This is about me, the highs and lows and a lot of stuff re weight loss, so follow me and see wha I am up to !!

The wonderful people that follow and support me !

Thursday, August 6, 2009

I am struggling this week

Hi everyone. I am struggling this week for some unknown reason, more to the point my sleeping is appalling. As you may or may not be aware I have chronic insomnia, which is annoying and quite debilitating at times. This week is one of them, as I have been so tired I haven't been my organised self so have gone over points and picked at food. I am sure I may gain on Friday which is devastating but my own fault. A lesson to be learned I say. I have had a couple of really long walk this week, one again last night and one today so hopefully with superb eating I may be able to secure a small loss, somehow I think that is wishful thinking. I weigh in with Don tomorrow night so will chat to him about it all, I think the key is to have meals in the freezer for night, some cereal at work for breakfast (if I sleep in late) and some frozen minestrone soup for lunch if for any of those meals I just cant be bothered. The insomnia is like mid week going out till 3.30am and wake to go to work at 6.30am but doing that 7 days a week - it is shocking. That is why I am determined and am sure that I will get to goal and I am hoping that this helps with my lack of sleep. Some of it is habit and that my brain is in overdrive, I over think too much. Anyway, enough of the doom and gloom. Yesterday was a good eating day, and today will be the same as will tomorrow etc. Will report in tomorrow on my loss.

2 comments:

Vic said...

Hey babe...

Hmm have you tried reading Bob Harpers book?? Myself and a friend are reading it.. its fabulous talks about taking control of everything etc.

As for the insomnia have you seen a hyponotheropist?? just an idea :)

LellyJ said...

Good luck, Martine, for your weigh in. It must be tough having insomnia. I only have it occasionally and then only for a night, and that's bad enough. I have found that exercise in general helps me sleep better, though.

I agree with the organisation thing. For me my weight loss is more about being organised than will power or counting points etc. If I have planned and cooked healthy meals that I look forward to eating (I admit I love food!) and can fit in the odd glass of wine or treat, then weight watchers is easy. (Unfortunately, I am disorganised by nature, so it's still hard work!) I often cook up a couple of dishes on Sunday to take to work for lunches through the week--things like roast veg & couscous or frittatas, and I use the freezer heaps as well. I put a bit of effort in to making things I really like and there are heaps of great recipes out there, so then I don't feel deprived. I keep 6 packs of my favourite yogurts in the fridge at work and ww bars or similar in my desk for when a student incident stops me from getting to the staff room at recess. Ditto the cereal at work, although my desperation breakfast is an ALDI fit and active bar and a banana in the car!

When I do these things, as I say, I find following the program easy. When I'm busy and don't make time to plan, that's when it's hard.

What a long message. Hope it may have helped in some small way! Good luck!