About Me

My photo
Adelaide , South Australia, Australia
I am 49 and heading for 50. This is about me, the highs and lows and a lot of stuff re weight loss, so follow me and see wha I am up to !!

The wonderful people that follow and support me !

Saturday, April 24, 2010

1.9 and a problem solved

Well after the fiasco of last week and the bloody (could use a stronger word here !) gain of 2.2 I had focused on the week with all I had, of course with the back situation exercise was out of the equation but saying that my home scales had shown a good loss.
I went to my weigh in, full of trepidation. My leader Di who had a been away last week saw my card and quizzed the girls on how I had gone. So on Friday explained the situation and my non scale victories of not eating when emotional which is a huge thing. Anyway, I asked her if I could immediately get on the scales and low and behold 1.9 loss. It turns out she had the answer to my question, another reason why WW lifestyle works so well for me. The anti-inflammatories I had been taking for my back had obviously had an effect, I didnt think of that. The loss is without exercise and I was estatic.
I still cant get to 4 losses in a row, but I am damn well going to try. My leader and I had a great discussion and I told her that not going to WW is not an option for me, I want to get to goal through the WW Lifestyle Centres and I am damn well going to do it hell or high water. Somehow the stress of the last week has turned from sorrow to focus and determination. I think my leader was impressed that I had told her quitting is not an option and I really mean it.
One of the major things that has happened with this weight loss journey and more importantly the gym is that i have now reduced my anti-depressant medication to a point where I don't need it. Exercise has done the job. My parents are down and somehow this was mentioned, my mother said " I am very very proud of you, you have done what I can't do" - that meant so much but more the point is that I did this myself.
I have just come home from a 70th birthday party with my parents, all finger food and probably ate a bit more than I should but only had yoghurt for lunch so I think my points are pretty safe for the day.
So Friday, my boss tells me that I can leave early, so finished up at 1pm but I did have to go to the physio and then WW and then coupled with a great great loss for me things are looking up. I am focusing on just getting my 10% which is a bit of a way of but achievable.
Overall, I am feeling pretty good about myself in that I have kept focus despite the universe throwing things my way.

3 comments:

Deb said...

Oh yes! Anti-inflams could certainly be the problem. Nice to get a reason for an unexpected gain.
My back is still sore too. Getting better each day, but not ready to exercise yet. I'm really missing it! Went to a musical show last night and was in the middle of a row so I couldn't stand up when I wanted to. I was in agony by the end of the night! It's so hard to get any comfortable position when the pain is in your back isn't it?
I'm so very happy for your excellent loss AND your ability to get off the anti-depressants. You're doing so well, and you are such a strong person. Keep on going!

Marie said...

Congrats on your 1.9kg loss!!

That is lovely what your mum said. Glad your feeling positive.

Tania said...

Congrats on the loss Martine - and on discovering the reason for the gain last week, must be a huge relief for you to know why.