About Me

My photo
Adelaide , South Australia, Australia
I am 49 and heading for 50. This is about me, the highs and lows and a lot of stuff re weight loss, so follow me and see wha I am up to !!

The wonderful people that follow and support me !

Saturday, November 20, 2010

Day 73 and Day 74 - Pro Points update

Well it is 5.22am in the morning, I can't sleep again, which just frustrates the crap out of me. The last few nights this week, the sleeping has been not too bad - well not to bad for me, for anyone else it would be a nightmare. The joys of it all !
Friday (day 73) I had the day off, monthly I get a RDO (rostered day off) with this job, it is just gold ! The initial idea was to do some running around in the morning and then come home and do house stuff and then relax at night. My plans came unstuck and for some reason I spent the day running around like a headless chook. The morning started off with a coffee/breakfast session with my friend Gill at a Cafe called Whisk on Goodwood Road. It is a place Gill frequents a lot and I have always wanted to try. Unfortunately when I got to Whisk, I was in SHOCK as there was nothing on the menu to eat. Beautiful desserts, foccacias, quiches. So made the best choice I could and had a foccaccia, luckily it was the beginning of the day and a latte. You know I still get chuffed when I have a coffee with no sugar. The general rule is that one coffee - usually the first of the day has sugar in it, yesterday I didnt. I did put a little tub of yoghurt in a little chiller bag and 10 almonds for during the day, so that if I stopped for a coffee I would have a pro point allocated snack.
I had to get two 50th birthday presents - Gill's and my darling and adored best friend Jo - both got spa vouchers from different venues, then had to do some groceries - yoghurt, fruit etc and stopped at Glenelg for a coffee. During a period of 30 minutes I lost my Visa Debit Card, due to my being careless and stressed. Went to the ANZ to cancel it, within 10 minutes they had rung to say someone handed it in and it was found in a car park, too late as the card had been cancelled but I was happy there are honest people around. Dinner last night was a homemade pizza on a small pocket pita, which was bloody delicious and a tub of Skinny Cow Ice-Cream which has less points than WW and much more creamier. I still have a few points to go and want to ensure I eat my entire 37 points and so before bed had some yoghurt.
I know I promised to put those scales away, got on them yesterday and although my period still has not arrived - thanks menopause, the scales are reflecting a loss with this taken into account. The new program is going well and somehow works for me.
My dear friend Gill when we meet brought the nibbles menu (she having drinks and nibbles at the Maid and Magpie Hotel for her 50th), it was actually very thoughtful and I was a bit surprised - she is a thoughtful girl but a size 10-12, and so it was good to know what she was having. I planned to have a light snack prior to going. Luckily Rose Wine is less pro points than red, white or champagne (god knows why) so I planned my points, I tracked 750 mls of Rose Wine as that is the maximum I would have but then I am realistic to know she has my favorite wine (Rockford Alicante) which is expensive and delicious, so tracked today's meals and tonight's function and have gone over my pro points and used some of my weekly pro points, this is ideal for this actual reason. It is not every day I have this type of function to go to, there are times when you do want more than 1 glass of wine and this plan works in well. I may have some fruit during the day if I am hungry. I am just so pleased that with a function like this those weekly pro points are going to be handy.
So overall things are going well. Today I will go and have a coffee out somewhere and come home and do some stuff and then at 1pm nails and hair appointment and then tizzy myself up for tonight.
I am starting to memorise the new pro points values of things and some things aren't so bad. I am excited to get on those scales on Tuesday. My mindset at present is strong, I just know that I can get to goal on this plan, although I did think it with the other program, with this one if I feel a bit naughty etc I can dip into that weekly allowance of pro points and not feel I have blown the pro points for the day.
I note with a smile on the face that the WW forums are all now positive, I do wish those that knocked the new plan would admit defeat, it will be interesting to see the losses. I think even if my period doesn't arrive this week, the loss is going to be 1 kg plus and nearly 2 kgs quite easily. I am eager to get a few weeks under my belt as those losses add up.
Anyway, I am going to try and get back to bed and sleep a bit. Vince the wonderdog is spread out on the bed, looking adorable and cute. Honestly if there is a God he broke the mould with that dog (other than Chris' Teddy and Coco of course). He is the child I don't have. He at times must be reminded that he is a dog and not a child. He thinks he is human. But enough of Vince, I can't get enough of him.
So tonight will do the makeup etc special and wear an outfit I feel good in, I am feeling that confidence that I am on the right track, although I am still big the fact that I am working at it and it is working and I am sticking to the program just helps my mindset and in particular keeps me happy.

2 comments:

Penny, NZ said...

Hope you have a fabulous time tonight Martine and enjoy your favourite wine! Will reply to your email this week - we have not booked yet but will do so in the next few days.

Take care and have fun!

Penny

Chris H said...

I'm glad the WW's ProPoints is working for you.